Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm a material girl... NOT really.

I know, i said i will blog over the weekend, but i didn't. Go ahead, smack me, i don't mind. 
Well, it's been a while since i blogged. Not that it matters since no on reads them anymore. For those of who you still do, WHY? Haha, nah just kidding. Thanks, i guess.


Yeah, anyhoo,
 I've been wanting to blog about this topic for quite some time. Every time i start on it, i wouldn't know how to continue, cause it's really just my opinion.
Well, i'm just gonna go straight to the point.

Material things, branded things. We all love expensive things, especially the glorious feeling of owning one. But to be straight forward, i don't really see the point in spending more than $100 on a bag or a pair of shoes.

Hey, if you all, whoever's reading it is the type of person who do that, then go ahead. I'm just talking about my personal preference.

Especially for people who follow trends. Trends change so rapidly, sometimes even overnight. They buy things that are worth hundreds of dollars, sometimes even thousands, for the current IN thing. After the fad fades, they chuck the item one side and go on another trend spree.

No offence to people who do this, or if you can afford it, go right ahead. I'm just thinking and wondering about those people who know they cannot afford it, but save up for a bag that they will probably only use just once. Twice, the most.

I cannot fathom these people's needs to have branded goods. Is it for status? Is it just vanity? Or really just a compulsion?
Well for me, i'd rather spend the money on perfume, watches, or jewelries. I don't mind wearing cheap bags or shoes. Charles and Keith, DMK, Ice Lemon Tee, even Forever 21. Those are my favourite spots for shoes. Not only are they affordable, but they can really fit into any type of style, weather, and always in trend.
Maybe i'm just biased. All i'm saying is that, is it really worth it paying so much money for things that you can definitely find cheaper somewhere else, and probably with better quality?
Yah, i don't think so. Once again, it's just me.
I'm not really into expensive things. Doesn't necessarily make me happy but i won't say no if someone offers to buy me a couple. Really though, if you all are thinking of getting me an expensive bag, or expensive pair of shoes, or expensive clothes, just don't. It's gonna be wasted with me, i wouldn't know how to appreciate it.

Rather spend on something more practical and tangible. Like i said before, watches, perfumes, jewelries and even technology. Books and DVDs are most welcomed too! Hehe *hint hint wink wink*

Nah, not difficult to make me happy, and you definitely don't need branded good to make me happy. *smiles*

No comments: