Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy One year to me.

Happy one year to me.

Haha, well, not really one year. It's been a little over a year since i joined the customer service frontline. I joined NLB on 30th May 2011.

I could still remember the first day i get to work.

I had to, of course, go to the headquarters which is at Victoria Street for the usual orientation. Yada yada, met some new people and yeah, pretty much just a briefing. I then had to go to my branch, Jurong Regional Library for my first day.

So i got to work and was introduced to everyone. People were friendly, well, i guess they all are to the new people. What i noticed though, is that, the office is not as warm. There's no life. I remembered thinking, "oh my god, what have i gotten myself into?".

People should know me, i'm pretty loud and i'm a noisy person. It's a little bit dead on my first day, i have to admit that.

I remembered my pc wasn't even set up yet, even though i was actually scheduled to come in to work one week early. So, i pretty much just walked around the library, making myself familiar with the workflow and stuff. I even had to read pages after pages after pages of policies. I literally went cross eyed. I had to do that for 3 days.

Then, i get to follow people around the library, looking at all the things they do. I felt so excited that i couldn't wait to be one my own.

It was so exhilarating when i FINALLY get to do counter alone. Even though i didn't know much at that time, everyone was so willing to teach.

I really really love this job. There is so much to learn even though i've already been in the company for a year. So many different experiences to take. So many personalities that i can meet. It's weird, cause i never wanted to work in the customer service sector.

Being deskbound for one and a half year, i guess, there's no harm trying something i don't like. I did not regret it one bit cause as it turns out, i absolutely love being around people.

The job do get so stressful at times, but i don't know what it is that makes me want to come to work every single day. Of course, there are times when i just wanna laze at home and not be anywhere near people, but it's so fulfilling.

It's just very nice to feel appreciated once in a while. I never thought i would appreciate the word "thank you" as much as i have now. It's rewarding to hear someone say your name just to thank you.

I love it!

I have to admit, i used to be a bad customer. I was demanding, i was very very impatient and stuff, but i now  know how hard they work. Shit, i have my fair share of demanding customers, and i have to keep my cool even though all i want to do is strangle them with a freaking wire.

It's all part and parcel of work though.  I did not regret it one bit. 

No comments: