Sunday, June 10, 2012

Product rave #2: Dr Jart+ Detox Healing Blemish Base

Disclaimer: I am in no way or another associated with the company or brand mentioned in this blog post. Item featured is given to me as a sample from a company i paid to have delivered to me every month. I am not being paid for the product place and views on product are of my own.

I am very particular with what i put on my face. I used to be very lax about it and there are products that worked and some that made my face worse. 


The thing about facial product is that, you really have to keep using it to know if it works for you or not. And most of the time, the thing doesn't work well on its own. It really is the type of skin care routine you use and such. 


I don't use foundation. I have not found a foundation that i really LOVE. I have tried a couple but i don't know why, I always tend to find something wrong with them. So, if you guys have a good foundation that you all can recommend me, do leave me a comment or just @ArynneVengeance me on Twitter. 


Okay, i don't use foundation, but instead i use BB creams. I have tried A LOT of BB cream, mostly drug stores ones. I have tried a really expensive BB cream before, Laroche Porsay  or something like that. It was great for a couple of weeks, and then after while, i noticed my skin gets REALLY oily in the middle of the day. 


I tried Maybelline and L'Oreal, but they're still the same. 


When i first got this product, i was a little bit skeptical but i gave it a try anyway. 


I liked it the first time i tried it but i didn't want to get my hopes up since there is such a thing as "first try syndrome" where you LOVE everything that you try the first time. Well, i have that. 


I have using Dr Jart's BB cream for about 5 months now, since January, and i am repurchasing it once i ran out of it. That's also the good thing about this product, it lasts FOREVER. It's almost 6 months and i use it every single day, but i still have some left. AWESOME, MUCH?! YES.


The product claims to covers redness and trouble spots, evens out your skin and whitens. It's also moisturizing and has SPF 25.

I do agree cause i still have red spots once in a while during that time of the month, and it covers all my red spots. I wouldn't say it has a heavy coverage but i don't have to wear a lot of concealer anymore. Just a few dabs.

I am not really sure if it evens out my skin tone and whitens it because i do use other products that claimed to do the same thing, but with it having SPF 25, i don't have to worry so much with the sun burning me! But it could be though, cause all i had on in Pangkor when i was having my holiday in March, was this BB cream and i didn't tan one bit.

It leaves my skin really dewy and my make up stayed the whole day when i use this BB cream cause it's also acts as a base.

I don't know what to say, but i really like it. I have to say though, people with oily skin might want to use this sparingly, because this product is REALLY moisturizing and i know some people with oily skin who doesn't really work well with this product.

It's all up to each individual though, but for me, i'd give it two thumbs up! 

No comments: