Thursday, June 11, 2009

XxxX

I have been preparing cheques for the past few days. And everytime i chased AH for his signature, he'll ask me the same question everytime. "Do you know how much money we have left?"

Mhm, i'm just the messenger girl. I'm just the assistant, whatever the senior wants, i do. Though they should start paying me on time. GROWL.

Anyway, according to recent surveys Singapore is one of the most livable country in Asia. According to another recent survey, it also shows that Singapore is the 10th most expensive place. Not to eat, not to live, not to shop. PLACE, full stop.

Though it is the 16th most expensive place to shop.

Kinda made me think of something. I mean, we're living in the 10th most expensive country in the world. And yet we're still complaining. I mean, if we can still survive with that measly salary of ours, doesn't that mean we're doing dandy? Great? Awesome even!

So what's there to complain. I mean of course, if you strive to buy those Gucci bags, Prada shoes with whatever amount of salary you earn (unless you're the Government *rolls eyes*), then no one else is really to blame except yourself.

That aside, i really think we're doing just fine.

Anyway speaking about money. My mum said i have started to become stingy since i started working at BSM. Haha, calculative is more of the word. Usually when i owe her money, i usually just round up the cents to dollar.

Eg.
If i owe her S$34.50, i usually just give her S$35.

But the other day, she went grocery shopping for me for my YSS Picnic outing, and she spent approximately S$36.95. I gave her exactly S$36.95, i even asked for the receipt. Hehe

Yeah, every cents count now since i'm saving up for a lot of things. 2 holidays (hopefully), presents and more presents. Luckily Linsy and I have decided on what to buy for who, so that's settled. The only thing now is the money. Teehee

Oh by the way, Robbie! I miss you! XxxX

ABRUPT END!

No comments: