Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Moral Dilemma: Concentration Camp

Part 7. [Link to article here]

"You are an inmate in a concentration camp. A sadistic guard is about to hang your son who tried to escape, and is telling you to pull the chair out from under him. He says that if you don’t do so, the guard will kill not only your son who tried to escape, but also your other son, who is another innocent inmate. You have no doubt that he means what he says. What would you do?"

You know, i have been staring at the above paragraph for the past half an hour and i still cannot get over the fact how cruel it is for someone to come up with that dilemma.

It is beyond imaginable how one father have to pick to kill one son or both sons.

I guess it all comes down to what you believe in? I mean, if you pull the chair from under him, his death would be on your hand. It would make you a murderer basically. If you don't do it, you'll lose both sons, but at the same time you won't be responsible for anyone's death.

I would actually be proud of my son that he actually TRIED to at least see if he could escape. Well, it is unfortunate that he got caught but i'm pretty sure everyone in the camp is thinking the same thing as my son.

I don't know, this is beyond cruel. If i put myself in the father's shoe, i don't want ANY of my children to be killed. I would probably spit in the face of that sadistic guard, but then again, he might like it and start torturing me.

Well, i guess it's okay, just as long as my two sons are safe.

This is not a nice thing to do, i pray that NO ONE will have to go through this situation. 

No comments: