Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Moral Dilemma: Friend's Wedding

Part 3. [Article linked here.]

"Your best friend is about to get married. The ceremony will be performed in one hour, but you have seen, just before coming to the wedding, that your friend’s fiancee has been having an affair. If your friend marries this woman, she is unlikely to be faithful, but on the other hand, if you tell your friend about the affair, you will ruin his wedding. Would you, or would you not, tell your friend of the affair?"

This is a very delicate situation, in my opinion. It involves other people's lives. Not just one, and i don't think it will be a life changing experience for me, so i guess it's good to handle this with full of tact and sensitivity. 

Of course i won't go around accusing the bride of cheating in front of everybody. That's just embarrassing and not classy. 

Here's the thing about me, if you guys don't already know, i am fiercely loyal to my friends. I am very protective towards the people i care about, and if this is my BEST FRIEND we're talking about, there is no doubt that i will be on his side and want him to be really happy. 

I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him, be it in the present and especially not in the future, if there is something i can do about it. 

Firstly, of course, i have to really be sure that the bride is cheating. So yeah, if i have that thinking, there should be evidence. I wouldn't say somebody is doing something if i don't see hard facts, and as you can tell, us girls are REALLY good at finding out things. Haha yeah, even from other females. 

So yeah, if i am really sure that the bride is cheating, then of course i would tell my best friend. That's what friends do, they tell you the truth even though it's a little bit bitter to swallow. 

Lets sidetrack a little bit;
Say, in the near future, the best friend found out that the wife has been cheating and somehow he found out that you knew about it and didn't tell him. I don't know about you, but if my friend had hard evidence that someone i love is doing things behind my back that would hurt me and not tell me, i'd be real upset at the friend too. 


Same logic. 

If you want my answer, i would definitely tell him about it. It's better to tell him now and not go through with the marriage, then have him hurt somewhere in the near future. 

Being said that, i would probably pull both the bride and the groom aside and tell them what i know and that they should talk about it, explain what's happening. It's really up to them if they wanna continue with the wedding or not. 

I wouldn't even think twice about it. I'd tell him in a heartbeat. I cannot stand cheaters and even the act of cheating itself. It's disgusting and people should be punished legally for that. 

Have a nice day, lovelies! 

No comments: