Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thought of the day: Public toilets

I don't know about you guys but i have an irrational fear of the public toilet.

Okay, I wouldn't call it a fear, actually. If i had a choice, i wouldn't wanna even step in a public toilet but sometimes you just can't hold it in so i need to be really sure that the toilet clean, with no smell whatsoever.

I don't think it's just me, but i'm sure you people know what i'm talking about. Dirty public toilets are nasty. That's why i don't get why people sometimes wouldn't flush the toilet after use, or do their business messily and not even clean up after that. 

What do you expect people to do? Clean it up after you before we do our business? Jeesh. 

Now, thank goodness Singapore's toilets in leading shopping centres are top notch. I can't say the same about some budget shopping malls though, the smell gets pretty overwhelming sometimes. 

See, i don't know how people can even do their business in these type of filth ridden places. I will gag the moment i get in the toilet if there is even the slightest hint of bad smell. 

My nose is THAT sensitive, that's why i stay away from public toilets most of the time. 

Now, the reason why i am writing this is because public toilet was one of the topic of conversation during the family gathering. 

If you guys read my previous post about the family gathering, the problem we had was finding a clean toilet. Be it at Changi Point or at Changi Beach Park itself. 

I avoided the toilet like a plague and i tried my best to hold in all the pee until Kak Yan asked me to accompany her to the toilet to change. Once i see the toilet, i remembered that i needed to pee so i tried to check out the cubicles anyway. 

Oh my god, you could get sore eyes just by looking at the filth. I told Kak Yan i'm gonna hold it in till we get home cause there is no way i am putting my butt near the toilet seat. I told her i felt like we could get gonorrhea or something just by sitting on it. 

Listen, i know gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease. Although not likely, but if a male's genital made contact with the toilet seat, it is possible for gonorrhea to spread. But then again, it was a female toilet... But still, it was dirty. 

It's so dirty, you wouldn't even know what kind of bacteria is breeding on the seat. 

It's just not how it smells like that puts me off. It's how some people do their business and just leave the whole  cubicle just filled with their feces. I didn't see it of course, if i did, i wouldn't have been able to eat or anything. 

One of my cousin, i can't remember who accompanied one of my auntie to the toilet and she said she saw fecal matter all over the floor and the seat of the toilet bowl. 

It's disgusting, i don't know how people can even do that. They probably couldn't hold it in any longer and didn't want their butt to touch the toilet seat. Even so, i mean, do something about it and not just leave it there for the whole world to see. 

Now, it didn't used to be like this before. 

The old toilet used to be really clean, cause we had to pay 20cents to get in there and 30cents to shower. I really didn't mind paying for it cause at least there was someone in charge of it. So you'll know that it'd be clean. 

I think a lot of people complained about having to pay that's why they didn't continue with the fees when they build a new toilet.

It's annoying. The people using it are not taking care of it. I wouldn't mind having to pay as long as there's someone in charge of it and make sure that it's clean. 

What about you guys? Do you all avoid the public toilet too? Tell me what you guys think. 

Have a lovely day, beauties!

No comments: