Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thought of the day: Going vegetarian

Yes, people, you read it right. I am indeed going vegetarian. 

Now, now. Before all my friends start freaking out or anything, i am not gonna go cold turkey on meat and just go full-on vegetarian. 

I am perhaps gonna start small and slow. I have a lot of disciplining to do cause i do love my meat. I am a huge fan of seafood and i do love my chicken. After that beef encounter in New Zealand, i think i might have found my soul mate. 

Yes, after a taste of that delicious beef, i have to say i kinda prefer beef to mutton now. Oops, sorry Mother! Haha we grew up on mutton, that's why i never touched beef before i get to New Zealand.

Back to the point.

I am gonna start really slow with th transformation process. Probably one week of vegetarian diet every month for three months, and then i'll gradually decrease the interval. Two weeks in every month, maybe? Then just have meat on every Sunday? Well, i don't know for sure if i want to give up meat indefinitely, but we shall see.

I don't know. I don't want to sound too ambitious so i am gonna see where this one week in a month thing will go. I am probably gonna eat fish a lot though, and hopefully i don't crave for red meat a lot after cutting them down. 

To be honest, i know nothing about being a vegetarian. Sure, they don't eat meat, but what else don't they eat? I don't know if i can give up milk though, i need my milk! Sorry! 

Of course i need to replace a lot of vitamins and proteins that can be found in meat. I am just trying to find substitutes for them, so i am reading up on my vegetables and fruits. I do have some vegetarian recipes and outlets that friends recommended, so we'll see. 

If any of you guys have advice, words of wisdom or just recipes for me and even places to eat, i would appreciate those support so so much.

I have to start with myself though, so after that, i hope my family and friends would help me along with it and be supportive. 
I'll keep you guys updated on when i'll start on my vegetarian diet and then maybe update you guys on it at the end of every week and we'll see how i feel. 


Leaving me words of encouragement might help, i hope. Hehe 

Have a nice day, lovelies!

No comments: