Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thought of the day: Selective friendliness

This post was typed on Notepad on May 13th 2011, Friday at 6:23pm. 

It has to be done cause i was having one of those "thought of the day" moment. That's what i usually do in my blog when i first started out. I blog random topics, sidetracked topics, because my mind tend to wander and i blog whatever my mind is thinking about at that particular time. 


Okay, this is what happened in the bus today while i was running my errands. 


I was in the bus, sitting and minding my own business, while all my groceries were in front of me. I had my brother's chicken cutlet rice on my lap so it doesn't need to get on the floor. So i was just sitting, right, enjoying the view of the world outside the bus and this old person sat next to me in the bus.


Well, okay, he's not THAT old. I don't know, i didn't really see his face, if i have to guess by the voice, i would say late 30s or early 40s. I don't know, maybe late 40s. Haha, that's still old, okay!


So anyway, he sat beside me and he didn't even accidentally pushed me or anything and he was saying sorry. I thought i wasn't paying attention or anything, so i just said that it's alright and continue looking at the outside scenery.


For a few minutes, i was in my peaceful box and was just staring into space. He was talking to his son or whatever. The son was making a hell lotta noise in the bus, but i guess he's a kid with a friend, so meh, it's fine. 


My thoughts were interrupted by this banjo talking to me. Commenting on the smell of the food that is obviously wafting through the air. I just gave him a half-assed smile while still looking out the window. He kept talking to me, saying how hungry it made him feel with the weather being super nice and everything. 


I don't know what it is about this uncle (i'm just gonna call him uncle cause my uncles and dad are around his age), but i wasn't in the mood to reply or anything so i just kept looking out the window. 


He left me alone almost halfway through the journey, which was awesome. You know how girls are able to use their peripheral view, i could obviously see him checking me out from the corner of my eye. I just rolled my eyes. He then started talking again asking me if i lived nearby. I ignored him the second time, i guess he got the idea and stopped talking. 


You see, i am usually a very friendly person and i would try to be nice to everyone. I don't know if it was the weather that made me feel very lazy to socialize. I was really just being a snob to him. He probably deserved it if he was trying to flirt. 


So it kinda got me thinking. Was i being unfriendly and irritable to him because i was feeling lazy or for the fact that he was old, ugly and perverted? 


Well, i couldn't say for sure if he was a perv, but his son was just beside him with his friend at the seat behind and he's just there trying to hit on me. Maybe he was just being friendly? I don't think so cause he kept on looking at me from my head to my toe. Plus, he reeked of cologne, like he broke the whole bottle on him. It's so bad.


Listen, i know i said i like older men but it's the "George-Clooney-Bruce-Willis-Sean-Connery" kind of men. Not the "im-with-my-son-and-im-flirting-with-you-cause-you're-obviously-younger-than-my-wife" type. You get what i'm trying to say? 


To be honest, i feel kinda shallow. It seems like i am only friendly to people who are relatively nice looking and not some dirty old men or guys who try too hard. 


I am not sure where i am going with this blog post, to be honest. 


I feel like i'm a friendly person and people have said that i'm a really nice and friendly person, but is it only to good looking people? I guess i am pretty lucky that most people who hits on me are pleasant looking. Well, i don't know if i know anyone who is not nice looking. Hmm.


Do i choose my friends based on their looks? 


Eeks, that's not so nice of me. Maybe they're all good people to begin with, that's why they look glowy outside? I'm gonna go with that. Don't get me wrong, my friends (real life, Twitter, Facebook) are all gorgeous looking, i just wanna make myself feel better. Haha


Oh my god, am i shallow? 


I don't know, in a way, looks do matter. It's there to grab your attention. You don't have to be ridiculously good looking, but nice looking. Smart outlook and all presentable. 


I have no idea where i'm going with this, so i'm just gonna end it here. Haha

No comments: