Tuesday, May 01, 2012

1st May 2012, Tuesday

Well, first up, happy labour day everyone.

While you guys were enjoying yourselves at home or with family, i had to be at work.

No, no, library is closed on public holidays, but we do have holiday duties. If we don't, then you guys will have fines for sure.

So, if you think working in the library is just sitting around and looking for books, then i think you guys should walk a mile in our shoes.

There are so many back end tasks that need to be done. Sure, it's one of those jobs where you ask yourself, "what do they actually do?". Well, my friend... LOADS!

It's like teachers.

All they seem to do is just teach and mark papers. But if you know what goes in behind the scene, well, you guys might not think that way again. Well, i hope so.

We do a lot of liaising with schools, companies and other ministries. We have to be all rounded. Gotta know the collection, gotta know the system and all that jazz.

I like working in the library though. I learnt a lot in my one year in the library, and i know i have a lot more to learn.

I think it's just in me.. STUDYING. Or learning in general. Gaining knowledge. It intrigues me, weird, right?

Also, i miss Vincent, so keeping myself busy is CRUCIAL. Okay, enough about Vincent. I will try to blog once in a while.

Take care, all! 

No comments: