Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Product rave #1

Disclaimer: I am in no way or another associated with the company or brand mentioned in this blog post. Item featured is bought using my own money and i am not being paid for the product placement and views on product are of my own.

This post is way overdue. I have been meaning to do one for the longest time, but as usual, i haven't get to it. So today, since i'm on a roll and catching up on my blogging, i might as well just do it and get it over with.

Everybody knows that i have had problems with my skin. It's just break outs after break outs after break outs. Just when i thought it would get better, new break outs will come.

I'm sure you all remember since all i ever do is vent about it on Twitter.

I have combination skin, but mostly it's dry. The outer layer of my skin is dry and the layer under my skin tends to be oily, so that's how most of my pores get blocked.

Obviously i have been to a dermatologist before and he prescribed me to "Doxycycline". It's good, i won't deny it and i also liked the whitening cream the doctor gave me. It worked well the first time.

I was on Doxycycline for 5 months, before my skin started clearing up, also with the help of the whitening cream.

After that, i stopped using both for a while, cause the doctor told me that i don't need to be on those pills anymore. I was happy with my skin for a while, as you all know. It was clear for one and a half years.

And then it started again. I don't why, but for no rhyme or reason, i started getting break outs again. Doctor said it has got something to do with a new work place, so he put me back on the pills and cream.

The pills worked fine, the cream however gave me skin allergies.

My face got really red and it burns after the 3rd day of using it. I thought it was okay, cause it used to burn before it got better. My skin started getting REALLY dry, and then it started peeling. The second week, it got really really itchy and then it got really swollen.

I have blisters everywhere. My cheeks, my lips, and everything. It was a nightmare, it really was.

I am in the customer service line, so i get really vain sometimes. With that allergy, i was almost dreading being on counter every single day.

I went to the doctor and he gave me this skin allergy cream and it got better after the 3rd day. I was seriously relieved beyond belief. It was the "holy grail" moment. Haha

So after knowing i had skin allergies, i stopped using all those fragrance stuff and went back to using The Body Shop's "Tea Tree Oil' skin care rage, which have helped me a lot.

After a while, my skin started peeling again and Kak Yanny (my cousin) told me to try to use Aloe Vera gel.

I have heard about Aloe Vera gel having skin repairing qualities but i was too afraid to try anything else after that ordeal i had to go through. With much persuading, i decided to try.

It was the best damn decision of my life.

The product is "Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel". You can get it at Watson's or Guardian for around $19 or so. It is a little bit expensive but it's 120ml and it last so long. You just need to squeeze like a 10 cent coin size on your fingers and just use it as normal moisturizers.

This product is 99% Aloe Vera, and the other 1% is just water, so you know that this is natural product. The good thing about this product is that it has a lot of uses. I used it to treat Vincent's sun burnt and it disappeared in just 3 days, with constant application.

It treats rashes and ulcers too, i've tried. Stretch marks, i haven't tried yet but i just might.

I used to use this Aloe Vera gel at night, after i have cleansed and toned my face. I used nothing else but this Aloe Vera gel.  I used my Tea Tree Oil moisturizer in the morning if i have to go out somewhere and wear make up, but if i'm at home, i just use the Aloe Vera gel and nothing else. Like, i am not kidding.

My skin started becoming really smooth, and all the scars started to fade away. My skin had visible change by the second week, and i started getting compliments for my skin. It's not perfect in any way, it was just better than what it was.

My complexion got brighter, and my skin got really smooth and supple. It was awesome. I used it for a whole year before changing into something else.

But that product will be in another blog post.

I know it makes no sense to talk about my skin, but i feel like i should share this cause i know a lot of people who are stressing about their skin, so i really hope you guys at least give this a try for a month. Or until you finish up the bottle. You won't regret it. I didn't. 

Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel: "My skin is not perfect but it's much better"- Arynne

No comments: