Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A good friend once told me, we are memories

Have you all ever had a childhood friend before? Whether you all still keep in contact or totally lost touch after that, is another story, but i'm pretty sure you all have atleast one of those before.

I believed i had a couple, or more, i can't remember.


There was this girl, Yasmin. She was just like me. I mean, EXACTLY like me. They called us twins cause we look somehow similar, only she was fairer. We were both into the same thing, interested in the same guys. Haha, it was funny cause we're almost always falling for the seniors. Hey, i was 7, so pardon my naivety. We knew each other since babies but we kinda lost touch after i moved to a new primary school. Wow, that was like 15 years ago.

And then there was another.

Munirah. I knew her the same time i knew Yasmin, we just didn't hang out together, the three of us. Haha, what do you expect, we were on that age where we think older men are hot and guys our age are just full of germs.

Yes, i do have an interest for older men since i was young. Hmm.. Yeah anyway, that's another story.

This Munirah is actually the daughter of my mom's friend. We kinda got to know each other by association but we were quite close, almost like sisters. Honestly, i don't know how we lost touch, i guess we just kinda... grew up.

There's still alot more really, but i can't remember. So, what actually made me brought up this topic on childhood friends? Well, one of my childhood guy friend kinda showed himself two weeks ago. Haha no, it's not what you think.

His mom kinda visited my mom for Hari Raya and he tagged along. It was funny that the mother still recognized me, cause honestly, i have forgotten totally about them. When was the last time we met anyway? I was 11, now i'm 22. Wow, 11 years ago nearly. How time flies.

I remember going to Sentosa together, his family and mine. Actually our two family were inseparable cause we almost go out for outings atleast once a week. Our mothers still kept in contact, but we just kinda drifted apart.

You know what's funny though? We were in the same school. I believed the same batch even cause we graduated at the same time. And the thing is, we were both in an Engineering course, different major though. Engineering school is not that big so i'm sure we've seen each other around school before but i kinda forgot how he looked like. I mean, what do you expect, he's a guy. Guys change alot during the course of their puberty. Okay, maybe i did change too but i'm pretty sure both of us don't remember each other if not for the fact that his mother came to my house to visit my mom.

Haha, anyhoo, it's funny reminiscing my childhood even though it's been such a blur. There's been more downs than ups but hey, the ups are worth remembering right.

So hey listen, if any of you readers out there are one of my childhood friend, do drop me a message okay. It'll be nice to reconnect back after all these years.

What am i doing, i doubt any of them are reading this! Haha, oh well.

No comments: