Saturday, January 10, 2009

Some search, never finding a way

Linsy and I were talking about religion on the way home from buying nuggets the other day. Haha, i know i don't have to say what we were doing at that time but whatever, i want to.

Well i mean, i get what Linsy was trying to say about religion and GOD. I guess she made a little sense when she say "If i know someone is watching my every move, i'd be wary of what i wanna do.", and in this case that "someone" she's talking about is God.

I respect Linsy's view and opinions when she said that religion brings us to the right path. Religion will tell us what is right and what it wrong, and in turn with that thinking, we'll do the right thing.

I don't know. I respect her views but i don't necessarily agree with it.

What we think right and wrong have nothing to do with religion, in my opinion. It's something to do with our moral values. It's what we learned from the way we were brought up.

I think religion is just there to guide us but not define who we are. Who we are changes with the experience we have in life.

Moral values and principles, i believe, is nurture. What you believe, what you think and how you act is almost a hands on experience of what you have learnt in the important stages of your life.

I don't know. Having this religion thing kinda make people segregate themselves without knowing. It restrains you from being who you really are, because "your religion doesn't allow you to".

Hm, i seriously think we should not let religion tell us who to be and what to do. Yeah, i know these religions will "bring us to the right path" but seriously, will they? They say God is just, and never changing. Really? Think about it, or rather read about it. Bibles, Quran, scriptures all show the evolution of this God. Just you say? Most scriptures leave out all the bad things, the rape, the holocaust, the everything.

Wow, don't even get me started on all the contradictions of theories from different holy books. There's just so many versions of the same story and i think it's crap to really pinpoint which religion is right or wrong.

I'm a born Muslim, cause i'm born in the Muslim family. Sometimes i think that religion is being forced to us, irregardless if you believe it or not. I believe we all should make our own decision when it comes to religion, if you ever decide to be in one. Study each religion and just choose which one is close or spot on to your beliefs. Isn't that much better?

But hey, whatever you know. To each his or her own. I'm not here to start a religion debate with you readers, i'm just here to state my opinion. Although however, i will not apologize if this post offends anybody.

Take care!

No comments: