Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nokia E63

Please note that this blog post is not a review and that i am not paid to make this post. I am basically telling you people what i feel about the phone after about two weeks of using it. Read at your own discretion.

As you all know that i have been using the Nokia E63 phone for the whole two weeks. Well Nokia E63 is a Blackberry inspired phone, with a QWERTY keypad. It's also a sister phone to the madly raved about Nokia E71, only cheaper and slightly reduced feature.

I'm not gonna make a full review on this phone cause you can read it at almost every technology site. Or you could also try brighthand.com.

So anywayz, this is my take on this phone.

I got this phone for S$0, cause i renewed my already expired phone contract. Without a mobile plan, the phone will set you back at S$569 (approximately) at Starhub.

Firstly, i do like the design and it does come in red (also comes in blue and black). That's a huge plus for me cause everyone here knows i LOVE red. Though it is slightly thicker than the sister phone, but i don't mind that at all.

It's nice to the hand as it's not that bulky.

However, the keys are a little hard to press as it's a less dome-shaped than the Nokia E71. I got used to it by the second day, though I'm not as fast at texting like i used to while using a normal keypad phone.

Second downside of this phone is that, it doesn't have the volume key. So that means if you want to change the volume, you'll need to go to the application and change the volume from there. It's kind of a waste of time for me but the speaker is impeccable!

It gives out awesome sound. As you all know, i LOVE listening to loud music. Metal and rock especially, and the sound is as good as it gets. Not even a single static, or overly bass-ed music. I can't complain about the speaker AT ALL.

The camera is okay. I won't praise so much on the camera as there are better non QWERTY camera phones out there but it's actually not that bad. Different modes, settings and easily accessible.

What else.

Oh, and it's really user-friendly, as with all the other Nokia phones. You can access your email real easily, and shortcut buttons are awesome.

So my conclusion?

It's not that bad. If you all are into emails and texting and music loving individuals, and not so much on the camera and other functions, then get it. If all you camwhores and game geeks are looking for a fun phone, then sadly, this isn't the phone for you.

Get it if it's free, but i don't recommend you all buying the full price cause it's not worth it. But i do love the phone, cause I'm pretty minimal. All i do with the phone is text and call, with occasional self-obsessed indulgent.

I'm not an expert reviewer, but if you all need a normal person's opinion, you all know where to find me!

No comments: