Friday, July 22, 2011

Thought of the day: Hair

You guys are probably gonna think i'm vain or something that i'm blogging about my hair. I am not, cause i actually get questions from people on how i get my hair so long but yet it's not dry or anything.

I am obviously not a hair expert and neither do i claim to know anything about hair. So, i am just probably gonna tell you guys my hair routine or just what i did to get my hair this long.

First of all, i do not do anything special to get my hair long. I think i should just thank my genes for that. I just cut my hair in March, and now it's already down to the top of my butt. Haha, yes, my hair do grow really really fast.

But of course, first of all, you need to actually get rid of your split ends and make sure you have healthy scalp. I mean, nobody wants damaged hair so you should probably chop it off.

They say chopping it off also make it grow faster. I don't know how true that is cause i cut my hair once in 6 months or sometimes once a year but my hair still grows. I think the main point is to make sure you don't have died hair or split ends.

Secondly, you have to eat right. I am not joking, having a balanced diet is also important for your hair. You need a certain amount of protein and a certain type of vitamin to make your hair healthy and nice looking. Oh, and also iron deficiency is also not good news for your hair. Haha i usually just drink lots of water.

Thirdly, i shampoo my hair everyday. I condition it every other day. I read that it's actually unhealthy to shampoo your hair everyday cause it would strip down the nutrients from your hair but my hair gets REALLY oily if i missed shampooing my hair, even if it's just for one day. So i just shampoo it everyday.

Oh, i'm using the pink Essential hair products, and i am really liking it. You guys might want to try if you have straight hair like mine.

Lastly of course, i do not put pressure on my hair. I hardly tie my hair unless i'm doing something that would make me sweat (i.e cleaning my house) or if the weather is really too hot for me to handle.

I don't blow dry, straighten or curl my hair on a regular basis. I usually just do it once in a blue moon. I also don't use hair products that much, just maybe my detangler from The Body Shop and/or frizz-free leave on conditioner also from the The Body Shop.

I air dry my hair and i don't comb my hair when it's still wet cause it's the most fragile and you might actually break your hair. Use a paddle brush to comb your hair when it's half dry.

That's all i do, really. Sometimes i don't even comb my hair. I think it's because i have fine and straight hair so i can actually get away with not combing.

So yeah, hope that helped. Somehow. Haha

No comments: