Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 16. Your views on mainstream music.

Mainstream music is defined as "music that is popular and nonthreatening to the masses, eg, pop music, pop rap and pop rock",

Honestly, i don't care.

If a song is good, be it mainstream or underground, i'd still listen to it. That's how i am. If they make good music, i don't freaking care if they "sell out" or anything.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love underground music, but to me, if a band is good, i would want other people to know them too. Share good music.

Music nowadays are crap anyway. Why not bring those good bands that nobody knows about and then introduce them to the public.

Sure they get paid, but hey if they get paid for doing something they love, so be it.

I honestly don't know why people get so mad when their favourite underground bands become famous. I really don't get it. I don't mind.

I'll be honest, as much as i like metal, i still listen to The Fray. I also listen to The Pretty Reckless and Kings Of Leon.

They are all mainstream, but that doesn't mean they don't make good music. That's why people listen to them in the first place, cause they have really good songs and are talented musicians.

Note that i say musicians and not performers.

Lady Gaga, Britney Spears and the likes of them have terrible songs. Some sing so badly too. THEY are performers. I don't consider them musicians.

So people, to me, if they're good then they're good. If they're not, then don't listen to them. You don't have to criticize other people's taste in music.

Yup!

No comments: