Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 20. How important you think education is.

Wow. VERY.

Well, to me personally anyway. I don't have the highest of education. I only have a Diploma. Even that, i had to work hard for it.

One thing maybe you guys don't know about me is that, i failed my O Levels terribly. It's embarrassing just even talking about it. I got 32 points, i think? I seriously just gave up during that period of time.

The funny thing is that, i loved school. I like going to school and i am one of those people who would do their homework in time and get good grades.

But when i was in secondary four, i just got lazy. Well, actually, i wasn't lazy. I just didn't bother, at all. I know i have to study, and i know i have to give it my all cause i feel like that's actually the start of the rest of your life, but i didn't care. I studied half an hour before the exams and just left a lot of the questions blanks.

I was really embarrassed when i get that kinda results cause my friends were all scoring with flying colours. They weren't the type to go out the night before the exams, they were the type who would meet up at the school or the library to study. I did follow them, but i seriously couldn't be bothered.

I got into Higher Nitec majoring in Engineering. I didn't like Engineering, but i am book smart, so i can actually just understand what's going on without liking the subject. I got really attentive during ITE, i tried so hard to compensate what i had lost during my O Levels.

I did score pretty well, and got recommended by the teachers to actually continue with my Diploma, so i did. I did well during polytechnic, all because i didn't want to feel useless like i did during my O Levels results.

So yeah, i think education is very important cause that's really your stepping stone to go out to the working world. But, don't get me wrong, experiences also plays a major part in surviving the real world.

It's really a mix of both, but i think education shapes you in a way. 

No comments: