Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 26- Your definition of love.

Well once again, a backdated post. Why? Cause yesterday i had this topic on my screen the whole day. I honestly do not know what to write here.


But then again, the moment i read the title of this blog post, i thought about my dad.

You see, the thing about my dad is that he doesn't say that he cares about you, he's one of those few people that actually shows that he cares.

When i was younger, my father took care of me, solely because my mother worked night shifts. So it's not really a wonder that i'm more closer to my dad.

I used to have a really bad case of asthma when i was little and i am very sensitive to a lot of things. Even the smallest amount of cold drinks could trigger my asthma. I couldn't laugh a lot either cause it will cause me to wheeze.

You see, i always get attacks at the wee hours in the morning, where the air gets colder. When that happened, i couldn't sleep, i couldn't do anything. I couldn't sit, couldn't stand, couldn't even lie down cause i seriously felt like dying. My father would wake up every single time just to make me a hot cup of tea and rub ointment on my back and throat.

He would actually just stay up and help me get comfortable until i actually fall back to sleep.

He also used to pick my brother and i up from school every single day and he would bring us little treats. Like our favourite candy and a bottle of our favourite drinks.

Even though he doesn't say it, i know he cared about us, and genuinely loved us. So yeah, that's my definition of love.

Sacrifice, concern and trying to make the one you care about happy, that's what i see when i look at him. 

No comments: