Sunday, April 24, 2011

24. Are you more social or independent? Why do you think that is?

You know, when i think about the word "social", i think about gatherings, parties, and/or a reunion of some sort. So i was a little bit confused when i first read the question. I was thinking, "Can't someone be social and independent at the same time?".

By definition, "social" means seeking or enjoying the companionship of others. In other words, friendly or gregarious. "Independent" means not relying on another or others for aid or support.

See what i mean when i told you how i got confused about the question? No, seriously, can't someone be friendly and not relying on others at the same time?

Should the question be changed to "Do you prefer to be around people or by yourself more?". I don't know but what do you guys think? I just think that people CAN be friendly and independent at the same time.

I don't know what to tell you but i do like being around people and i am very energetic. At the same time, ever since i was younger, i learnt to tend to things without anyone's help. Well, unless i really HAVE to ask someone.

Uhh, i'm not going through my childhood stories in depth, but my Mother worked night shifts when i was younger, and my Father would sometimes work late into the evening even though he's working morning shift, so usually it's just me and my brother at home. 

Our classes are usually in the morning so when we get home, my Mother would be there tending to our food but we're always left alone most of the time cause she'll have to catch up with her sleep

Even now, when i have problems or things that i need to solve, i would just do it myself. I guess sometimes it's just me not wanting to trouble other people. Well in all fairness, i feel like i make a better decision when i don't have everyone shouting at me and telling me what to do. 

I don't ask my parents for financial aid anymore cause i'm either working or have savings, which comes in handy when you're not working, believe me. Haha, i should know, i've been living off my savings.

Well, i am still living with my Mother though, so i guess i still need her for certain things. I don't pay rent, but i do give her monthly "allowance" and i do my own groceries if i want to cook for myself. I also do my own laundry and clean my own room. I buy all the things i use on my own, so yeah.

On the other hand, i like socializing. 
I like making new friends. I like to go out, i like having fun. I warm up to people very easily so even if i just met you, i'd still be talking non stop. I feel like there are some things that are more fun when you're with people.

I don't like being in crowded areas though but mostly it's cause i'm claustrophobic. 

Well, why don't you guys be the judge? Which one do you think i am? More social, or more independent? 

No comments: