Tuesday, April 26, 2011

26. Talk about a moment where you were truly happy. What was happening? Who were you with?

I know i say this a lot but i have a very blessed life. I am not boasting about it, i am just very content with everything i have. So with a great childhood, except the depressive moods phase, and all great outings i already have, it is pretty hard to pick just one moment. 

It's like when i feel that being in Disneyland was the happiest moment of my life, i also have the New Zealand trip which i absolutely loved. The trip to USS with the friends, just being able to travel and go all over the place. 

I have so many childhood memories of outings, picnics and birthdays that i can say was one of my happy moments. Being a child, there's not much things that you troubled by so it's not really that hard to be happy

Of course, i'm just saying this from how i was brought up, my childhood without mental, physical or sexual abuse. 

So i guess i am gonna pick a particular moment that doesn't involve being young and happy all the time. As a adult, we have so many problems and troubles to think about that makes being happy or feeling content really hard. So being happy without faking it gets a little rare sometimes when you're too into your thoughts. 

You know what, i should start telling myself that it's okay to just jump into the post instead of rambling on and on and on for the introduction. Haha, lets start anyway. 

The moment that i picked is probably the family outing to Sibu Kelong which happened in 2007. Wow, who would have thought it was that long ago. Don't get me wrong, i do adore all the outings i have with my family and friends but this is probably what jumps out to me the most. 

I was with my family, of course. A couple of friends and some close family friends. It's really not that fancy, cause it's a Kelong.

If you have no idea what a kelong is, it's this form of offshore platform built predominantly with wood and you usually find them in the middle of the waters. I think you can find them mostly in Malaysia, Indonesia and probably Philippines.

I wouldn't call it a resort cause it's hardly anything there. It's basically one big giant platform with huge bunk beds, a kitchen, a dining area and some toilets. You pretty much have to do your business in this toilet with just a hole on the ground and it's open to the sea. So yeah, pretty much you can tell when someone's in the toilet. Disgusting. 

It's pretty scary cause we're in the middle of the ocean and it's pretty much an abyss of dark waters and you can't see that far at night. There's not much to do cause we have to use a small boat to cater for island hopping. 

I know it doesn't really sound as fun but it was really a close encounter with nature. Just you, your family and the ocean. The family pretty much was always together cause the place isn't that big and we're always fishing together, eat together. 

The seafood feast were great. I liked it a lot and yeah, we did wonder where the fishes we eat came from since you know, our business were all dumped in the ocean and everything but i am gonna go with them having a fish farm specifically for consuming. 

We got a lot of fishes though, which is fun. We seat around and talk, joke around and play games. 

It was just a two days, one night thing but it was very fun. It was an experience of course. I am definitely spoilt when it comes to hotel rooms. I never been on a backpacker's hotel before or even a budget one. So being there with no toilets and no mirrors was an eye opening experience for me. 

It was memorable and enjoyable and i had lots of fun. 

I'm gonna give you all links to the pictures that we took during that trip, so feel free to look around. [Album one] and [Album two]

Have a nice day, lovelies!

No comments: