Sunday, April 24, 2011

Beauty update: Dr Wu Hydrating Gel Cleanser with Aqua Collagen

Disclaimer: I am in no way or another associated with the company or brand mentioned in this blog post. Item featured is bought using my own money and i am not being paid for the product placement and views on product are of my own.

Okay, so two weeks ago, i bought a new type of cleanser since my favourite facial cleanser ran out and it's only available at Raffles Skin Centre, so i just tried to get something at the drug store instead.

I might go back to Raffles Skin Centre though, just to get stock up on my favourite cleanser, cause it's really good for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. Especially in this humid weather in Singapore. 

But yeah, enough about that, i am just here to update on this new cleaner that i've been using for two weeks now. For those of you who have no idea what cleanser i am talking about, i made a first impression review and i'm gonna link it right here so you can click on it and see what i think about it. [First impression review] 

So lets continue. I don't want to make it into a long post cause it's just a small update. 

On the previous post, which i have linked up there, i said that it gives off a little scent. It's kind of a lavender, rose water scent. I'm not sure if it's one of the ingredients in it but from what i know, lavender and rose water kinda freshens up your skin and neutralizes your red spots. 

I'm still really loving how it lathers and foams up so well. It really leaves my skin feeling very soft and moisturized. You know how my eyelids and around the areas of my mouth were very dry and peeling? I can actually see my skin not being as scaly as before. 

This product also claims to unclog pores, and some people know that i have some white heads around my nose and i usually exfoliate like crazy. This cleanser really helps with preventing the pores from blockage, so i don't have to exfoliate more than twice a week now. 

The bonus question is, does it break me out? 

Well, i did have two or three little breakouts, but i'm not sure if it's because of this product or if it's because it was that time of the month. Though, i did think of it as my skin purging out the extra sebum that was left on my skin. 

I am not breaking out anymore though, so i don't think it's the cleanser's fault. The cleanser does help with reducing the redness of my breakouts. 

So these two weeks, i am kinda liking this cleanser. It really does what it say it would do. I'd repurchase it if i ever run out of it. 

P/S: Don't forget to clean off your make up every night and drink lots of water and moisturize your skin whenever necessary!

No comments: